Click here to see my notes
Click here for Student Notes
- How many of you find it difficult to see or feel God at times?
- Do you feel as though life would be better if God would just show His face?
o Why might God keep His face hidden?
- Does He desire for us to choose?
- Does He want us to discover Him?
- Is it because He is merciful toward the world’s sinfulness?
- Do you ever find it difficult to believe?
The seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven saying:
The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom
of our Lord and of His Messiah,
and He will reign forever and ever!
The 24 elders, who were seated before God on their thrones, fell facedown and worshiped God, saying:
We thank You, Lord God, the Almighty,
who is and who was,
because You have taken Your great power
and have begun to reign.
The nations were angry,
but Your wrath has come.
The time has come
for the dead to be judged
and to give the reward
to Your servants the prophets,
to the saints, and to those who fear Your name,
both small and great,
and the time has come to destroy
those who destroy the earth.
God’s sanctuary in heaven was opened, and the ark of His covenant appeared in His sanctuary. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings of thunder, an earthquake, and severe hail
Purpose for the book of Revelation
- Great persecution
- God’s presence was not apparent
There are six trumpets before this one. What is the purpose of the trumpets?
- Trumpets hailed in a king or an emperor.
- These trumpets will usher in the full revelation of the King of Kings
o The first trumpet: hail and fire mixed with blood; 1/3 of the earth is burned.
o The second: 1/3 of everything in and on the sea is destroyed.
o The third: 1/3 of the world’s drinking water becomes bitter and poisonous.
o The fourth: The sun, moon and stars lose 1/3 of their light.
o The fifth: The pit is opened and locusts torment those who have not believed in Christ.
o The sixth: 1/3 of mankind is killed by fire, smoke and sulfur.
What do we see when God is fully revealed?
- When God is fully revealed, He must be revealed in His entirety
- Both God’s just nature and His mercy are part of who He is
- Because of God’s just nature, He must condemn sinfulness
- Thus, if God is fully revealed, both His wrath and His love are fully revealed
o Those who do not believe when God is fully revealed will be on the receiving end of God’s direct and full wrath because God is just and people are sinful.
o Those who do believe when God is fully revealed will be on the receiving end of God’s direct and full love because God is merciful.
So, how can I know that God exists and this I, being a Christian, have believed in God for who He is?
- If God is a God of love and mercy, it seems as though He would have provided a way by which people can know Him.
o Testimony of believers.
- There must be at least something more than the natural.
o Testimony of history.
- There is no evidence that even suggests that the Bible is not historically accurate.
- The Bible is a historical account containing both primary and secondary sources (this makes it different from all other “religious” texts.
o Testimony of the disciples.
- God revealed Himself in the person of Jesus Christ.
- Amelia Earhart or Alexander the Great
o Did she/he exist?
o What kind of person was she/he?
o Where is the proof?
- President Barack Obama
o Does he exist?
o Can we prove his existence?
- Only by meeting him and this does not prove his existence to others.
o Does He exist?
o Can we prove His existence?
- No, but:
- We have record of what God has done
- We see God’s creation
- We even have relationships with God now
- There is a great testimony about God
- The origin of belief in God cannot be traced
 Revelation 11:15-19 (HCSB)